Just too much fun!
By Turbo Freak on
2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
My son and I just bought a pair of matching GTIs. I can't tell you how impressed we are! They are very fast, comfortable, economical and just plain fun! A word of caution to all who are contemplating getting the ground effects kit. I had mine installed yesterday and found that the factory black side skirts are epoxied on! When they removed them some paint came with it! After a minor paint and buff on the glue areas it's perfect. I wish I could post a picture because the improvement in looks is well worth it! The original black trim is too "Golf" looking to me. The DSG is simply amazing and the handling and brakes are superb. I would highly recommend this car to anyone....period.
Favorite Features
The turbo power and torque, DSG transmission, handling, brakes, build quality, seats (leather), steering wheel, navigation and the German built feel (Autobahn ready).
Suggested Improvements
As with most other posters, the radio is Ho Hum. Also, the sunroof is noisy when open but really...who cares? This car is so outstanding that these are trivial complaints anyway!