2006 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: I Looove German Engineering

2006 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

I Looove German Engineering
By MachSchnell on

2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning a 2003 MINI Cooper S, I can honestly say that there is no comparison between my new GTI and my "old" MINI. The Super charger in MINI definitely had some lag in it but not so with the Turbo in the GTI. The interior quality of the VW is in a far superior class. If the track is where you plan on spending a majority of your time than the MINI is probably the car you want... but for real world driving the GTI is the better choice. The passenger seating is another area where the GTI outclasses the MINI. The GTI is cavernous in seating and hauling accomodations by comparison. If you love shifting gears and the sound of a highly tuned engine winding up it's Turbo than look no farther.

The High bolstered LEATHER sport bucket seats that hold you so tight in a high speed curve that your body doesn't move and inch. The padded center console that also functions as an adjustable arm rest is Brilliant! The multi position control dial for the Sunroof is terrific and did I mention LEATHER

Like every other review before this one said the sound system is LAME, LAME, LAME. You have to be listening to the right song to get any good bass response and the tone overall sounds muted and dull. Needs more power, freq. adustment and preprogrammed music sound effect ie; Jazz, Rock, ETC.