2006 Volkswagen GTI 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - German Engineering

2006 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

German Engineering
By Matthew on

2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my GTI. It gets good gas mileage. I usually average about 24 mpg in city/highway driving, and I'm not easy on the throttle. Got over 27 mpg going from IL to Dallas TX with an average speed of 70 mph. The power of the 2.0T is amazing. It pulls even from 6th gear, as long as it's in boost. I can't wait to get APR Stg 2+. I should be looking at around 240whp and 270wtq or around there. I always find an excuse to take the long way home, this car is addicting. Even with all of the TSBs, a few recalls, etc., I still love my GTI. Good job VW!

Favorite Features

HIDs, Vag Com tweaks, R32 spec tailights (not stock on US spec GTIs), tuneable engine, most of the things I have added; cosmetics, suspension, rims, downpipe, intake, flash, boost gauge.

Suggested Improvements

Fewer TSBs! I've had my car in for the speedo TSB, fuel line rattle, radio clipping, other small rattles, the door jam icing TSB. I've only had one check engine light from the intake flap motor. If this vehicle had less dealer visits, it would be all the better.