Compared to the VW GTI the Honda Civic Si it's a joke!
By makinista on
2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Hurry up. During this month (7/06) VW is offering 0% financing for 36 months on the GTI. I traded in my previus 2004 Jetta GLS Turbo for it and I got it for invoice price. It is a nice upgrade with its HID lights,DSG transmission, and great steering. Don't believe magacines or websites about comparision with the Honda Si. Honda wastes more gasoline. The GTI DSG gets around 23 mpg in the city, plus it has a lot more torque and the tranny is great. I have noticed that even in automatic mode when you release the gas pedal and switch up to the next gear you can go 1,000 rpm in 6th gear and make 30 mph.
Favorite Features
It a joke to compare the Honda Civic Si with a car that has this many features. This car has a turbo already if you want to compete for real with the Honda VTEC go and setup computer the chip to get the remaping the engine capability just for $599. You can't beat up to 300 in torque and 230 hp.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the seat belt location. The long dashboard makes a glare when the sun hits it, The sound system's bass is not that great and it has no iPod conecctor. This car's doors are too heavy and too long. The speedometer seem to be off, reading something like + 5 mph.