2006 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Awesome car for the Money

2006 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

2006 Volkswagen GTI

Awesome car for the Money
By aws on

2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had been waiting for this car to hit the US market for 3 years, when it was finally here I bought the first one I could find. 2 months later, I couldn't be any happier about my purchase. This car handles exceptionally well, is super fast, looks great, and fits into just about any parking place too! Its interior is spacious, and well laid out, with nothing goofy or cheap looking. Driving it is truly a thrill, period. Basically it puts a huge grin on my face every time I drive or even think about my GTI. Then when I think about how little I had to spend to get a car that makes me so happy, I'm even more thrilled. Kudos VW! Great job, just wish I didn't have to wait so long.

DSG Baby! What a great way to drive! I also love the retro plaid seating. I love the steering wheel too, it feels great to hold, and has all the necessary buttons. The BiXenon headlights are a fantastic feature, especially at this price. I have to say again I love the DSG transmission..it's fantastic!

Make all wheel drive an option, without buying the R32 or R36 model. I agree with IFlyS5's comments regarding the passenger side airbag warning. The "Premium" radio could be a little improved (I don't think there's an amp on the factory setup).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review