2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Great Car, Terrible Service!
By dave on 04/28/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove the car and fell in love with it. I really have no complaints over the car itself, the only complaint i do have is the dealership. I have to agree with everyone else that says this, VW has the worst costumer service ever. They don't want to deal with you after they get your money.

Had Previous VWs and GTIs, Best of All!
By rickerbr on 04/26/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded my wife's 1.8T 5-speed New Beetle Convertible 5 speed on a DSG package 2 GTI. I love this car and it does everything I want in a commuter and performance car. It's far more exclusive than the competition (coughcough) as I've only seen 2 other ones in DFW in the two months that I've had mine.

Nice Car!
By jim on 04/25/06 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought my first VW and it is a 2006 New GTI (2.0 turbo). I am very impressed by the handling and performance of this car and would highly recommend it to others. It is fun to drive, decent on gas, has pleny of leg room, and it is FAST! I test drove one last week and when I came back home I made the decision to go out and by this car the next day. I have no regrets.

More Fun than my Passat
By GTImedic on 04/19/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I went to have my 2003 VW Passat serviced and bought the 2006 GTI after driving it while waiting for my car. This car is a great performer. I purchased the 2.0T with the 6M is the configuration. For the week Ive owned the car has been a pleasure. I had a 1989 Mazda RX-7 about five years ago and the GTI outperforms it hands down. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone who wants German performance/engineering without the BMW price tag. It is also quicker than the Audi TT with the 1.8T.

Best GTI Ever
By thom on 04/17/06 04:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think the GTI is very versatile. It is great at running around town in traffic, etc, and it fantastic fun when no one else is around and you "open" it up. It loves to go fast! The quality of the interior is awesome. It is hard to believe you can get such a great car at this price to me.

I love my Fast, but drop me an inch
By Roger W. on 04/10/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 4th VW and 2nd GTI and I have to say that the fit and finish are great, and the performance is what I expected. After driving a Saturn SL2 for 165,000 miles this car's steering is amazingly responsive, the 6-speed gearbox takes a little getting use to, and the brakes do stop you very quickly. Time to go run Redwood and have another Porsche for breakfast!

Fast, Quiet, Refined Performance
By Pat on 04/08/06 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2006 GTI is quick, nimble and steady at high speeds. It turns heads. The interior and exterior fit and finnish are very good. Its handling is excellent.

Don't Buy This Car If You Want Quality
By nickg on 04/07/06 10:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am completely and absolutely disgusted with VW. I have to wait for a zone rep to approve repairs on a car that was driven home from the dealer and once to my job. I am not using it again.The field rep isn't coming unil the 27th of this month so I am out a car till then. They are going be over the time (lemon law) before it is fixed. Period end of story, game over. How pathetic is it that I buy a new car and can't use it for over a month because some rep has to "approve" paint and windshield repair? If you are a quality minded person, then you should go elsewhere, VW doesn't care about you...they just want your money.

Amazing Hot Hatch!
By Evo4Emperor on 04/06/06 23:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is an amazing car for the price and offers great little features not found in normal cars! I love the FSI (fuel straight injection) because it delivers a constant torque to the wheels throughout the acceleration! Although the car looks small it is actually rather comfortable and roomy inside! I'm a 6 foot guy and I still manage to get about 5 inches of headroom in the back seats! The interior is amazing as well as the blue or red LED display. The stock auto leveling xenon lights and audio controls in the steering wheel are awesome! The ride is comfortable when dealing with big dips in highways and small humps in the city streets. This is an amazing car and well worth the price I paid!

Most Fun for the Money
By IFlyS5 on 04/06/06 13:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car! I had a 2002 GTI that was totaled and have anxiously been awaiting the arrival of the MKV. This car leaves nothing to be desired. It has breath-taking acceleration, impeccable design and build quality, as well as looks. It handles well, rides well, and performs well in every regard. Not to mention, starting at $21,000, it's a steal.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.