2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
The 2006 Volkswagen GTI is Sick
By flipp on 06/16/06 05:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is sick. I have owned all kinds of cars, the GTI is fun to drive, comfortable, sporty, safe, etc. I commute 16,000 miles a year so the reliability remains to be seen, but initial build is very good. Love this car!!!

It makes you think about corners
By Jason on 06/15/06 06:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just got mine June 9th and I love it. I fell for these GTI's this year at the Pittsburgh Auto Show, and was luckily able to get the numbers right to buy. The Black Magic is awesome, it looks like a piece of charcoal up close. My Fast has come back and we are living happily ever after (It left me 6 years ago when I bought a 1996 Civic DX). I think if Apple made a car they would integrate some of these little details.

Outstanding
By zalmoxes on 06/12/06 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had a great experience with the dealership. No hassle, they had a profit a had a good deal. This car's 18'' rims are nice looking. I love the sunroof and the automatic transmission drives like a $40,000 car. I'm 47, guys, and I also have a $45,000 plus Lexus. The responsivness of the GTI is unmatched. My wife is reluctand to say that she's happy with it, but I am. Is my toy, let her drive the Lexus. Fantastic job VW.

Great car!
By Tom on 06/11/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

What a fun car! I was originally going to buy an Audi A3 when I came across this car with similar equipment for much less money. I got a Relfex Silver with DSG/XM Radio/18" wheels. My mileage has varied from 19-26 mpg in mixed driving. This thing is much bigger than it looks on the inside, and you can have adults sitting comfortably in the back.

GTI Rocks!
By GTIROCKS on 06/07/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Even though I've only had it for 3 weeks, it's an absolute blast to drive! Now I understand V-Dub's "driver's wanted" tag-line. My wife bought a 2005 MkIV in 2/06 and that turned me on to the GTI. The car is perfect and fast as heck. I'm 54 yrs. old and have had Cadillac's, an Old's Aurora, Mazda6 (good car) but the GTI is the fastest, best handling car so far. Period.

Another GREAT GTI
By StephanGTI on 06/07/06 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Having owned/bought 19 new cars, and being many different brands, the last 3 were GTIs (1995 VR6, 1999.5 VR6, and 2006.5) and for a good reason. Not much compares with the GTIs as far as being true "driver's cars" and when condidering the price of Audi, BMW, & Mercedes, nothing compares. The new GTI is another great evolution over the last. I thought I could never go without the VR6, but the new 2.0 proved me wrong; it has more / great power & torque, better gas mileage & a cool exhaust note. I'm getting 29+ mpg (combined 85+mph California freeways & stop & go). The stereo sounds great and the leather/Top Sport Seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

Best Darn Car Ever!
By Cody on 06/03/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has it all. Comfort and Umph! All gears have something to offer: first and second for zipping around the city, third and fourth for passing / getting out of jams, and fifth and sixth for the long trips and showing off. Yes, 5 and 6 still have plenty of pep. 207 lbs. of torque! Oh... Compare your service plan to the GTI.

Very nice car for the class
By andy on 05/29/06 02:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The 2006 VW GTI is very fast and a nice overall vehicle.

I Love My Fast!
By Roger W on 05/26/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GTI is fun, sporty, stylish, responsive, and fast for this class of car! It is nice for driving to work but my Fast can't wait for the weekend when we run in the hills. The back seat is a little small but I did not buy it to haul my kids. It has plenty of room for shopping, and you can always fold down the back seat. It has comfortable seating up front with most everything within easy reach of the driver, and the air-conditioned glove box and center armrest work great for keeping the beer chilled. Just kidding about the beer!

My Fast
By rj on 05/25/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The GTI is a great car all around. It has the best transmission ever, DSG, it's like a ferrari. It is solid at high speeds, has great brakes, and has plenty of room. This car is a real winner! The GTI is back!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.