Used 2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

Speedy Fun
By wrecks

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is super fun to drive. It has the pick up and handling that I want in a sporty little car, but also has the comfort and practicality of being able to go on long road trips. I looked at Mini Coopers and was all set to buy one until I drove this car. It blows the Mini away in interior comfort and space, yet is comparable in performance. Also, the inside quality of the GTI is way better than the Mini's which comes off as cheap, plasticy and CRAMMPED. You can actually fit people in the back, pick up groceries, and haul around two 100+ pound dogs in the back, yet always feel like you have the speed, response, and fun of a sports car. Its gas mileage is good too! Buy it...you won't be let down.

I like the design of the exterior. Its handling is great. This car sticks to the road and has great pick up.

None that I can think of in the first 8,000 miles! I am completely happy with this car.

Excellent Car
By Deadeye

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a 2001 Ford F-150 Lightning for my Volkswagen GTI and I don't miss it at all. This is the best deal I have ever made.

The extremly good handling.

It could use a bigger turbo. Though this car is already very fast, you can always go faster.

The Ultimate Car!
By PhatVeeDub78

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far the car's been great. I was specifically looking for a black one with the 18 inch Hufeisen Wheels. It took a couple of days but a dealer found one and gave it to me for its invoice price ($24,000). I didn't get leather because leather stinks in the summer time. I love the performance and look of the car...and the xenon headlights are the Icing on the cake!

The DSG Transmission is quick and responsive! I love the 18 inch wheels. This car has solid build quality. It's also FAST! I love its xenon headlights.

The cloth seats aren't the best quality, but I do love the plaid design. The car stereo stinks, but they do give you a 6 disc-in dash changer. Also, there is too much wind noise when the sunroof is open, but this is nothing a sunroof wind deflector couldn't cure.

Awesome Auto
By bamafanjtm

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is awesome. From the quality interior styling, to the sharp, sporty body styling, this auto really impresses. Oh, yeah, did I mention it is fast? I have the black magic 6-speed and have been very pleased with this car. The only issue I have had with it has been with the radio, and that was minor at best. I would highly recommend the GTI to anyone!

The performance, seats, and potential for personalization and upgrades.

One of the Best Cars for the Money
By RJS

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

For the price, this is one of the best cars you can buy. I looked at a Civic Si and RSX Type-S, both of them had no low end power at all, both needed to be reved to the sky and you were ALWAYS shifting. The GTI has torque on tap all the time. It pulls on the highway in 6th gear with little trouble. The design on the interior is well done. The package 0 and 1 however aren't as good looking as the package 2 interior, but the cloth seats are great looking. As far as sound systems go, the GTI has nothing near a killer stock system, but that's not why you buy this car. Its ride is great for the every day driver, even for the driver with the sporty side to them. The 6-speed transmission shifts are short and distinct.

The turbo power, detail, driver AND passenger seat flexability, and Bi-xenon headlights (usualy found in $60,000+ luxury cars only).

Add a stock sound system (although mine is now heavily modified) and have the seats stay in the foward position to let people in the back rather than having them flip back on their own.