2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Best GTI Yet
By Eli on 02/19/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The new Volkswagen 2.0T GTI is the best hatchback and the best sports car in it's class. The features that are standard are luxurious compared to other coupes / hatches. Its s DSG gearbox is faster than any manual transmission in the world, and the torque is amazing. The GTI is very quick and handles superbly. This car is absolutely amazing for its price.

Don't buy the Civic Si, think Autobahn!~
By TeknoGroover on 02/13/06 03:19 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So I've had my 2006 Volkswagen GTI for less than a week now and love it! I went to go test drive it, not even thinking of buying it. I just did some research that day too. I was shopping for the Subaru WRX and Civic Si for a while, and then found the GTI. WOW. The power is comprable to the WRX. It has more features and more room to be comfortable too. The standard 6- Disc MP3-CD Player in Dash was a major thing for me since I listen to only MP3 CDs. Then I wanted the power, which I talked about. Yeah 2.0 Turbo 200hp. I'm used to Hondas, but this is a fairly good transition. I highly recommended the GTI as a teenage car. It has plenty of head room in front and rear!

Pure Fun
By delf on 02/12/06 23:29 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my wife's car and i want one! She was driving a 2005 Toyota Sienna van, which is great for a big family but not for tooling around LA. This car is really well built - go VW! The paddles on the wheel rock, plus the tiptronic too. It is great to have the hatchback feature. We also looked at the Audi A3 with the same engine, but opted for the GTI.

WEEEEEEEE
By Bob Heiner on 02/12/06 11:11 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2006 Volkswagen GTI has been great so far. The DSG transmission is a kick in the butt. Thou it is winter here and I can't get a real chance to let it all out, the car seems to handle great even with the all season tires. Come on summer.

This Car Absolutely Rocks
By tom baiza on 02/11/06 09:48 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have in all my life never driven a car that is as much fun as my new GTI. I am 27, so I have had the opportunity to drive a few. The acceleration, handling, and above all else DSG are amazing. Point blank this automatic is by far the best thing on the market today. Don't believe me? Go drive one, but be prepared, after driving one of these babies you'll never want to get back in your old car. So make sure you have your checkbook!

Amazing Car
By Brock Harrison on 02/10/06 02:39 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second Volkswagen and I didn't think VW was going to be able to make a better car than my 2001 Jetta, but I was so wrong. The new GTI is amazing! It handles like it's on rails, it is super quick with almost no turbo lag, and has the best interior ever. The seats are comfy and secure you like you were straped into them with a 4 point harnesses. The xenon lights, that come standard, brighten the road extremely well. The brakes and suspension are amazing. It stops on a dime and you never get the feeling that you aren't going to stop in time. The suspension rides so comfortably but handles so well in turns. Honda you better watch out!

First Time GTI Owner
By nomad on 02/02/06 01:32 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just got my 2006 Volkswagen GTI last weekend. Its interior space and torque are very impressive. Its exterior style kinda' grows on you, with the red calipers black is the best color. I don't have much of an opinion on its perfomance as I'm still breaking it in.

Volkswagen GTI is Hot for 2006
By scooter j on 01/28/06 21:18 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove the 2005 Volkswagen GTI and the purchased the 2006 model. There is no comparison between the two. The new GTI is twice the car, it's a lot smoother, has no no turbo lag, and runs at lower rpm with its 6-speed manual transmission. It is just a great car!

Pocket Rocket
By Franklinh on 11/19/05 12:21 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Volkswagen GTI and I must say they get a bad rap on the speed and handling sides. With a straight (no cat) exhaust system and a set of TEIN coils I'm able to hustle Nissan 350Zs and stock Honda S2000s to the point of spin in the moutians. All while being able to clock repeatable 14.4s @ 94 mph at the local drag strip. Try to find that elsewhere with heated seats and 150 mph stability in other cars for $350 a month.

Great Car
By KJ Rutherford on 10/06/05 05:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2006 Volkswagen GTI is great to drive, quick off the mark, finally capable of keeping up with the Opel OPC, has a smooth ride, and great comfort. You have got to love German engineering.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.