2005 Volkswagen GTI 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I get excited everytime i

2005 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

I get excited everytime i turn it on.
By jrx45x on

2005 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is my love. I don't like how these cars look stock though. there kinda boxy and awkward. So i lowered mine and its the most amazing thing ever i get so many looks. At first i got it with 60k miles and it needed alot of maintenance like timing belt and ignition coils. Timing belt was $1000 at dealer so i took somewhere else for $500. Beware, the dealer is expensive. I either fix stuff myself or take somewhere else. It is a reliable car if you treat it good. If you always rag on the car itll rag on your wallet. Its fast too, i wont ever sell mine, in fact when the engine goes i will swap another 1.8t into it i love it that much. Hope you like yours just as much as i do.

Favorite Features

Turbo, Long gear ratio great for racing if you do. Sitting in the car feels like sitting at a table..its so comfortable rather then sitting slouched in other sports cars. The hatchback makes the car so useful. Cant get 4 wheels and tires in most other cars. seats go down very easy. lots of room in the back its surprising.

Suggested Improvements

Lower it, Exhaust, Basic Short Ram Intake. Do these 3 things and you will love it forever.