2005 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Fun but needs consideration be

2005 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Fun but needs consideration before buying
By Katie on

2005 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was my first new car I bought. It was a great purchase for the price. It really gets up and goes. I really love taking turns that suggest 30 mph and you can sweep through it at 50. Great styling and love how the back seats fold flat for trips. Have had some problems with extreme wind noise and rattling. It seems most in the rear of the car and side panels, rather annoying actually because at about 2,000 miles it started. I was able to get a wind noise silencer kit that the dealership installed, but it still didn't do the trick. The gas mileage is ok, depending on how heavy your foot is on that turbo! It is a great buy and I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a fun car.

Monsoon stereo, turbo, the seat "jacker" that allows you to sit higher (I use it to get the sun out of my eyes!), fold flat back seats... the list goes on.

Rear wiper never squirted washer fluid right (it actually sprays the car behind me! haha for them!), the arm rest covers the second cup holder, all the rattling and wind noise.