2004 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Turbo Commuter

2004 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Turbo Commuter
By driver on

2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a fun little car? Great Styling. Turbo lets me squirt through traffic with ease. Great utility. Comfortable on long trips. Haul around stuff when you need to by folding rear seat. Spent two weeks on the road out west camping with this car with mountain bikes on the roof. Still plenty of power and extremely supportive seats. Mazda 3 owner stopped me in the badlands. She was from chicago. she asked me how I liked the v-dub. I told her it's the most awesome car. She said her car was killing her. She was turning it in as soon as she got back to chicago. Go for the leather, 17's and monsoon, you won't be dissappointed unless you're not really looking for hot hatch.

wheels. turbo. monsoon. style.

get the oem roof rack its really nice. add some aftermarket bits and a chip and you'll have a real monster on your hands. Independent rear suspension would be nice and 4 wheel drive would be nice. I use blizzaks in winter.