7 VWs and I love each of them
By TheRaven on
2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
My 2004 GTI is number 7 on my list of VWs I have owned. Aside from the ridiculous place of the cup holders (which I am now over) I love all of this car. I have 76k on it now and it runs great. Everyone who complains about the quality of their VW does not follow the directions provided by VW. You must use full synthetic oil, preferably from the approved oil list from VW. You must do routine maintenance when it is supposed to be done. I always do my maintenance on time and I have had a variety of VWs go to nearly 300k miles. Treat the car nicely, drive it nicely, fix whatever breaks. If a person acts like they like the car and takes care of it, it will last.
Favorite Features
Fast for stock, the power is there if you need it. Easy to work on with proper guidance from your Bentley manual. Oh did I mention that when driven nicely I am getting 34.3 mpg? All you haters can stop talking smack on mileage now. Proper spark plugs, K&N filter, good oil = 34.3 MPG. No hate!
Suggested Improvements
Although I got used to it, I think the cup holders are silly like EVERYONE else. Come on VW, I love and support you and I have since I was 16 but the price of these keys is ridiculous. 200 for a replacement? That's just crazy.
By jb1950
on 04/16/11 09:01 AM (PDT)

Are you saying a little "good Karma" goes a long way?