2004 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Not what I expected

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

Not what I expected
By greg on

2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the car because I knew this car had great potential. However after 600 miles the car had problems starting. As well as a lot of other little electrical gremlins. Took it in and they said it was because I had installed an aftermarket cd player?!?! VW fixed the problem but I am scared to touch the car now. Wish I never bought it. In stock form it just sucks. I have also had problems with it randomly stalling at a red light when I turn on the a/c, a rough idle and window problems. With only 5000 miles on the car I'm looking to get rid of it! I will probably never buy a vw again.

Better designed electrical. Bad leather. 30 day 1K mile return policy!!
By christian_keim
on 09/20/12 06:41 AM (PDT)

why would you have a aftermarket radio installed when the monsoon is amazing!. the stalling is because you dont know how to drive a stick lol. or faulty crank sensor. 1 out of every 5,000 of these are bad, idk why, it just happened off the line. got a buddy with one that has over 500,000 miles on it.