2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Little Car

2004 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Great Little Car
By Carl on

2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my GTI 1.8T. Although, I am a little disappointed in it. I had to replace the passenger slide-arm entry actuator, replace the ignition cylinder (Froze on cold days) plus some other minor demo-induced wear. Fortunately, it was all covered under warrenty. I bought my 2004 in March of 2005 with 60 miles on it. It handles great, has fantastic excelleration and looks regal (in Reflex Silver). The dash is a pretty blue and red mix.

Favorite Features

Fantastic fuel economy, a nice soothing lit-up dashboard that doesn't blind you when you put on the brights (ie: It doesn't assume you're a moron because you need light - like other American cars do).

Suggested Improvements

Fix the dim headlights. I live in the country and travel the speed limit. I can't see more than 45 feet in front on me. There is not enough time to slow/swerve if something (ie: a critter) is in the road at night. I CAN'T SEE! That's the biggest drawback I have on this car. Inner City driving is OK