2004 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: firsttimeVdub

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

firsttimeVdub
By firsttimevdub on

2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first VW. Bought it used with 41K on it, and it's now got 123k and still going strong. This car is probably the most under-rated vehicle I've ever owned. It's super quick off the line, and even makes a nice cruiser on the highway. I drive quite a bit for work and have always had sufficient power I need to get around the freeways of Southern California. It's been a great car with no major issues. I feed it synthetic oil and 91 octane gas and it in turn, gets me where I need to go every single day. I'm sorry to have to sell it and get a 4 door, but if you're looking for a great car and don't need room for say, a child seat, I'd definitely check it out.

Did I mention this car is fast? Good amount of interior room (I'm 6'1" and fit comfortably), good storage space, great gas mileage, understated but sharp design, solidly built car. Drives the same today as the day I bought it.

I'd say make a 4 door version but they already have, so kudos to VW. Maybe throw in a free hoverboard? haha