2004 Volkswagen GTI 2.8L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fantastic car despite some problems

2004 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Fantastic car despite some problems
By bradleyland on

2004 Volkswagen GTI VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Since the day I drove my off the lot, I have enjoyed every moment behind the wheel. The ride is stiff enough to provide a sporty feel, but doesn't punish you over less than perfect roads. I chose the VR6 because of it's smooth, quite operation. The addition of two cylinders goes a long way toward smoothness. This is especially noticeable when you start the car in the morning. My only complaint would be the fact that I've had a few problems even though I normally have very good "car luck", as I call it. I still enjoy the car so much that I donít mind the fact that itís spent a total of maybe 5 days at the dealer since I purchased it. Iíd still recommend this car highly!

Favorite Features

The smooth, powerful six cylinder engine is a plus. You simply can't buy a $23k car with the refinement of the GTI elsewhere. Only the Acura RSX comes close, but it has a four-cylinder engine.

Suggested Improvements

Work the bugs out, BEFORE you sell the car. All of the troubles I've had were well documented with VW.