2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Fun Car!!
By Jon Vowel on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I wouldn't change anything about this car!! I have never had this much fun driving before. The interior build quality is excellent. Although its not as pretty as the Mini, I still like the styling.

Pocket Rocket
By Ratbert on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

3rd VW along with a current BMW. Solid construction, great amenities. Leather, stereo system excellent. While I use it around town, would not have a problem with a lengthy trip.

Love it
By Lehnman on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love everything. It is built very well and flies. I like the smoothness of the manual. It seems like there is always more than enough power. One thing is there is a rattle on the inside and I hate rattles. Back right side.

underestimated answer to fun
By cueball121 on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For everyday driving, zipping through traffic, it is a great value. When the turbo is spooled, it'll throw your head back. Tires can slice through water, like a hot knife through butter. Traction control corrects slippage in snow and brings out confidence in passing any SUV. Exhilirating ride for the money.

geeeeeezloooooouise!!!
By sequoia on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Damn this car is fun to drive! I'm 6' 2' and I still have plenty of room to manuver inside. The amount of headroom is awesome. The torque suprised me on how responsive it actually is. I've had it for a month and I don't see myself growing tired of driving in the near future. Great on gas milage as well. Trunk space is spacious. Cabin is suprisingly quiet at higher rpm's. Great commuter car. Fun to drive up the cali coast with my lady. peace.

Fantastic car despite some problems
By bradleyland on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Since the day I drove my off the lot, I have enjoyed every moment behind the wheel. The ride is stiff enough to provide a sporty feel, but doesn't punish you over less than perfect roads. I chose the VR6 because of it's smooth, quite operation. The addition of two cylinders goes a long way toward smoothness. This is especially noticeable when you start the car in the morning. My only complaint would be the fact that I've had a few problems even though I normally have very good "car luck", as I call it. I still enjoy the car so much that I don’t mind the fact that it’s spent a total of maybe 5 days at the dealer since I purchased it. I’d still recommend this car highly!

Fantastic
By Gsmshepherd on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

its the best car i have ever driven. it has exceptional handling, beefy v6, smooth shifting

VW
By ALFRED on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always owned VW and they are very reliable so i give the classy yet sporty VW an overall 10

GTI VR6...Love at first sight! :-)
By William Braddock, II on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I honestly think this is a great car. Truthfully the 20th Anniversary Edition Rabbit has the best sport-tuned suspension out of the three: Rabbit, 1.8T, and the VR6. However the VR6 delivers the most bang for your buck and is only around a thoughsand more U.S. dollars than the 4-cyclinder model. With a supercharger and a chip and maybe a custom grill this car is definately holds a spot in the "Fast and Furious" sequil. I love it and wouldn't trade mine for the world. I got rid of my 1999 BMW 328i to drive this car, I figured what the heck, they are made by Audi right?

Original hatch is still hot
By Auggie6 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

No other hatch performs or feels as good to drive as the Gti. Even after 25 years VW still knows how to get it done with the styling, performance and the quality of craftmanship. No other hatch can compete with the power of the Gti VR6 nor can they compare to the big car comfort of this small hatch. R32 with its AWD and bigger 240hp engine will compete with subaru's WRX STI and Mitsubishis new AWD lancer