2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
So fast
By Matt Eberhardt on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My new GTI is so fast and smooth and I couln't be happier with it. I will be buying my 3 Golf when this is paid off. Matt

A gem in the rough
By GTIbuff on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

You won't find a better or more refined ride for the price

Great German Car/Great price
By chade on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is unbeliveable!! You get all the stuff at a great price. I was looking for luxury performance without the price & Volkswagen did it. Wow what a great car.

Have your cake and eat it too
By bobbyjim on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car offers a great blend of safety, economy and performance. The interior is well designed and very ergonomic. The car is deceptively fast, and passes in 6th gear are effortless at highway speeds. Economy is good, with 30MPG using regular grade gas. Safety features, handling and brakes are up to the engine in the car, which is not the case in competing Honda or Nissan products. It is hard for me to think of a more balanced vehicle.

Damn, it's fast!
By VW gal on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The whole process of getting the car was a breeze. The dealership was very very friendly, not pushy at all, like the Nissan and Toyota dealerships here in the Pasadena area. Now, back to the car... this little hatchback is fast! I can barely notice the turbo lag. It comes with a lot of standard features: ABS, side and curtain airbags, full spare. The quality is superb. I know you have probably heard about how VWs are unreliable, but they have had all the problems worked out on the 04 models. I've had this car for almost 3 months now, and I am still very much in love with it. Get it, you won't regret it.

chris
By chris3033 on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

it is fun and fast and it can be a chick magnet

such an awesome car!!!!
By jessisd77 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my GTI VR6 for 9 months and I love the ride!!! It's so much fun! The stick shift is so easy to use and I wouldn't give it up for any other car. I actually have one of the only ones made in cosmic green so it defintely calls atention. Everything is so great about this car, but if you drive a lot of people around, a two door might not be the best thing, but I manage anyways. So I hope you consider this car, you won't regret it!

GTI brothers live again!!!!!
By Gti Brother 1 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Fastest HOT hatch on the market. R32 is king but my vr6 gti gives me all the pleasure and performance i need. p.s. Great Aftermarket for this car so i will make this car a total BEAST!!!!!

Drive it. You'll get it.
By turboidiot on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Volkswagen is right with that one. I test-drove the 1.8T after I took out a Mazda 3 5-door from the same lot... there is no comparison. It feels like you are one with the road, handles great, and there is a lot of power inside. Sometimes, the thought of the drive home is the only thing that gets me through 12 hour days waiting tables!

Perfect
By bradley_earl on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second VW, the first being a 2002 Passat. Like the Passat, the build quality on this car is impeccable. Unlike the Passat, this car zips around corners parks in small places. I have the leather interior, which is of better quality than my brother's 3 series bmw. The six speed transmission is quick, and precise - not as much as a Miata- but very good nonetheless. The trunk space is surprisingly effective. In short, this car is perfect for the city dweller that hauls his or her self and a friend along with a keen desire to enjoy the ride along the way.