2003 Volkswagen GTI 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Refined sport coupe

2003 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Refined sport coupe
By gti238 on

2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Since day one I've been overjoyed in owning 238/4000 of these truly enjoyable cars. It drives smooth even in triple digit speeds. Easy upgradibility for someone wanting more power, and more then enough get up and go for someone just needing passing power. One trip down a windy road and you realize what this car is really all about. All in all nothing else in this price range compares. The srt-4 may have more power, but hardly any refinement, the acura rsx just isnt at par either in my opinion. As far as a civic or focus... yea right.

Favorite Features

Stylish, more then just a spunky motor, its aggressive. Very easy to drive and it's hard to drive anything else afterwards. Great sound system that really doesnt need to be upgraded. You get alot of thumbs up and meet alot of interesting people.

Suggested Improvements

Same old K03 turbo complaint, it just stops giving power in higher rpm. Other then that, maybe no speed governor would be nice(it cuts off at 130 for me though I read 137)