My decision to go from my long-time
favorite brands Honda/Acura to VW is
largely due to the fact that the
quality / feature / price of Honda in
the recent years simply can't match
that of the now Brazil-made GTI. This
car has plenty of torque to offer when
accelerating despite of its relatively
heavy chassis. However, with stock
suspension it handles only adequately.
I know it is not really fair to compare
its handling with my modded 5th gen.
Civic Si HB but I have a hard time
getting used to the softer suspension
and the annoying turbo lag. It just
lacks the nimble, swift and responsive
feeling I am used to.
- superb quality
- excellent interior design &
- sturdy & rigid body
- quiet engine & minimal wind noise
- love the heated seats, side mirrors &
- wide open entrance into the backseat
with the front seat folded forward
- handy 12V outlet in the trunk
- the stock "sport" suspension doesn't
do justice to this car
- shift stick blocks access to A/C knobs
- backseat head rests block a large
portion of rear view
- wouldn't hurt to make the trip
computer available to the 1.8T
- how about standard foglights?
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.