My decision to go from my long-time
favorite brands Honda/Acura to VW is
largely due to the fact that the
quality / feature / price of Honda in
the recent years simply can't match
that of the now Brazil-made GTI. This
car has plenty of torque to offer when
accelerating despite of its relatively
heavy chassis. However, with stock
suspension it handles only adequately.
I know it is not really fair to compare
its handling with my modded 5th gen.
Civic Si HB but I have a hard time
getting used to the softer suspension
and the annoying turbo lag. It just
lacks the nimble, swift and responsive
feeling I am used to.
- superb quality
- excellent interior design &
- sturdy & rigid body
- quiet engine & minimal wind noise
- love the heated seats, side mirrors &
- wide open entrance into the backseat
with the front seat folded forward
- handy 12V outlet in the trunk
- the stock "sport" suspension doesn't
do justice to this car
- shift stick blocks access to A/C knobs
- backseat head rests block a large
portion of rear view
- wouldn't hurt to make the trip
computer available to the 1.8T
- how about standard foglights?