2003 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Don't buy the Turbo!!!
By juiceol on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 2001 Jetta 1.8T for a GTI VR6 no comparison!!The torque and power of the VR6 is just incredible. The car feels much bigger than it is. The GRUNTTT from the VR6 at around 3000 rpm is wonderfull. This is my 7th VW and they just keep getting better. NEVER a lack of power like the Turbo.

vw gti 20th anniversary edition
By scott1234 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is one awesome car. I love it!

Bomb Diggity
By Clay Miracle on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This GTI is the funnest car I have driven in a long time. Compared to my last car, a 95 Neon, it beats the pants of that on.

What a fun car
By Michael E. on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought this car a couple days ago but here are my initial impressions. This car is a blast to drive. I got the 17" wheels that hug the earth tightly and turbo zooms away over 3000 RPM. At RPMs lower then 3000, you'll being waiting a second for that zoom feeling to kick in. I was originally going to get the RSX type S without even test-driving this sporty hatch. In comparison, the VW feels much a more richly refined and an elegant machine. Be careful reading the reviews since the new more powerful turbo engine just came out with the 2003 model year.

First in a Series
By Robr6 on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I'll update as the miles pile up, currenlty have 320. This is the first week I've owned the car. It's not broken in yet. Thus far it handles well, the brakes are great and the low end performance of the VR6 is very strong and very smooth. The Climate control also works well. I have been back to the dealer once to have the balance adjustment nob on the radio replaced and to pick up the center head rest for the rear seats, which was not included when the car was delivered. The dealer made good on both the day after delivery. So far the car is a blast to drive with no real problems.

Whoooosh! Fun car to drive!
By Quepos on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for about a month and have liked it more and more with each passing day. Really has a lot of get up and go, leaves Civics, Minis and RSX's in the dust, which I drove. No question, this has the most responsive engine. The excellent fit and trim of the interior also sold me. The GTI interior looks like an expensive car. The hatchback design allowsevery day use flexibility. everyday use. It is fun to drive yet is versatile - the right size and weight for both fun and work.

The Original Hot Hatch and It Rocks!!!!
By Erik B. on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm at 6,000 miles on my 2003 1.8t GTI and so far it's been a great ride. Fuel ecomony is good but does take a hit if you "drive" the car. But it's worth the hit trust me. I get a smile on my face every time I'm behind the wheel. The 1.8t engine is suberb and delivers plenty of power when needed. The car handles like a dream especially on the twisty roads here in New England. The Monsoon sound system is sounds awesome and delivers some serious bass for a factory stereo. Over all it's everything I expected!!!!!!!

Factory Fun
By Bad Andy on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car drives and handles great if you don't mind the stiffness in ride. Enough interior room to seat someone over six feet comfortably. Get up and go is wonderful at any speed, along with cornering at excessive speeds, tail end doesn't get light and slide all over. I have over nine thousand miles on it with a trip over three thousand miles and never got sick of the car. I had the stereo replaced because of a fault under warranty, but other than that, nothing mechanically wrong. Love the car and worth every penny.

Ugliest car VW buids
By rollerskate on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

VR6 engine is this cars best asset. Ugly looking from the outside. Just tell yourself its a Jetta when you're in it driving.

2003 VW Golf GTI 1.8T
By HDM on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had the Jetta 2.0L in 2000, then the 2001 4dr Golf 1.8T, and now thw 2003 Golf GTI 1.8T. The quality of these cars in excellent. There are no other cars in this class or price range that have this kind of durability and safety.