2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
My first manual SPORTS car.
By duffychou on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 20th Anniversary Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's a fun car. Really like it.

fast car at great price
By dirtsport1 on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got my GTI for -3500 rebate. They were trying to clear all the '03 and i got lucy. I love the car. the realaibltiy is shakey, like a tameraine, but a brown one, not a green one. I would recoment it for the price.

Sweet car
By Rieger1.8t on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Really nice car, very fast, fun to drive. Roomy interior for a 2 dr. Reliable, great features. Sporty car for half the price of most.

Volkswagen GTI
By bill777 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been very happy with this car. It is solid sporty and fun. I chose this car over a nsx type s and celica gts. All have similar power but only one has german build quality and it's apparent as so as you drive it. I also like the 1.8t version which is faster than the VR6 according to Road & Track and other multiple sources.

Love My GTI
By Love GTI on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car in September and absolutely love it. It's fun to drive and has plenty of power. Have 5,000 miles so far and no problems whatsoever. Would highly recommend to anyone.

My 2002 GTI
By Karma girl on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2002 GTI has been a car that I've been wanting for a long time. When I first got the car, I did have some complications with the 02 sensor. I've had some problems with the windows as well. At first I thought I had purchased a lemon, also the wheels (the coating started to peel off on the inside of the rims. My dealership gave me grief about it at first. But after I put up such a stink, they fixed it, I've had some difficulties like I've stated before.

More Fun Every Day
By selkior on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Driving fun at a reasonable price. Why waste all those dollars on BMW's? I used to have a 2001 GTI and the handling is much improved on the 2003 GTI. Plenty power available at all times through buttery six-speed. VW's famous well-appointed interiors are for real! All the critical safety features are included (ABS, traction control, airbags all around, side impact protection). I watched one get t-boned by a cherokee and the passengers walked away...

Very Nice car for the money
By jc721 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Anyone looking for a car in this price range should go out and test drive and feel the interior of the car. I was shopping around all dealers looking for a car 15-25k with a overall good package. It drives and feels like a audi (manual) and every detail in the car is high quality. I would definitely recommend this car over any car in this price range.

GTI VR6
By gee on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

M....I`m Happy with this car

RECALL
By williamtwo on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car until it starting sputtering and would not start after warmed up. VW flew tech in from Auburn Hills, and could not figure out how to fix it. They said it was computer "mapping" problem. Engine would stall and sputter, then die. FInally, VW repurchased the car from me with 5500 miles on it after 4 months of headache.