VW makes fun cars
By pat on
2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
My 2002 Volkswagen GTI is my second VW, my first being a 2000 Jetta... The progress between these vehicles is impressive to say the least. And going turbo is a lot of fun as well. My only beef with the car is that I had to make some modifications to get it where I wanted it to be. The European versions of this car are not restricted by strange safety and emission laws. So once I had this car chipped and tuned, changed the piping and suspension, I was extremely pleased. It rides wonderfully and I've never had to take her in for fixing, just slight improvements. If VW could find a way to lighten the vehicle and put better piping and supsension it from the factory, I think they'd sell more of these cars.
Favorite Features
Turbo, heated seats, power sunroof, convenient hatch, blue gauges, red dash lights and accents, 17" factory rims, good head rooom/leg room, beautiful design, nice body.
Suggested Improvements
Lower the ride and suspension, give it bigger piping and a non-restrictive ECU... all of these things are easy and affordable mods though.