2002 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: VW makes fun cars

2002 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

2002 Volkswagen GTI

VW makes fun cars
By pat on

2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2002 Volkswagen GTI is my second VW, my first being a 2000 Jetta... The progress between these vehicles is impressive to say the least. And going turbo is a lot of fun as well. My only beef with the car is that I had to make some modifications to get it where I wanted it to be. The European versions of this car are not restricted by strange safety and emission laws. So once I had this car chipped and tuned, changed the piping and suspension, I was extremely pleased. It rides wonderfully and I've never had to take her in for fixing, just slight improvements. If VW could find a way to lighten the vehicle and put better piping and supsension it from the factory, I think they'd sell more of these cars.

Turbo, heated seats, power sunroof, convenient hatch, blue gauges, red dash lights and accents, 17" factory rims, good head rooom/leg room, beautiful design, nice body.

Lower the ride and suspension, give it bigger piping and a non-restrictive ECU... all of these things are easy and affordable mods though.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review