Love It!!!
By InigoCO on
2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
This is my second GTI in 2 years. I bought an '01 VR6 GTI and loved it, but I found a great deal on an '02 GTI 1.8T. This car gives up nothing in the way of performance to the VR6. I noticed the VR^ had more low-end grunt, but all it ever did for me was spin the tires. The 1.8T just goes. On the Highway at about 75-80 MPH, just hit the gas in 5th and off you go, no need to downshift. This thing just pulls all the way to nearly 140 MPH. I plan to do some mods int he future, but for now, I'm happy with the power I've got and so should everyone else who buys one.
Favorite Features
Interior lighting colors, everyone loves them. Stereo sounds great, Bose not necessary, but it would be a step up in brand quality. Did the TSB on the stereo to switch the wires and it sounds better now. Turbo is a great addition to the GTI line-up.
Suggested Improvements
Cupholder. It is a bit annoying when I use it and want to change stations, but honestly I don't use it all the time so it's all good. That's all I could think of, I haven't had any problems with the vehicle yet. All it ever needs is oil changes and a little speed now and then.