2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - from Golf to 337

2002 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

from Golf to 337
By Ashley Jacobs on

2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've drove a lot of VW's and this one is close to the best. I traded a 01 Golf GLS for the new Rabbit GTI 337. I lost the excellent gas mileage of 430 miles on one tank of fuel to about 300 miles on one tank that holds 14.5 gallons along with my sunroof. However i have gained the 180 horsepower 1.8T that is the same engine in the Audi TT or A4. The car also came with 18" wheels and a performance exhaust, Recaro Le mans seats and a body kit. I love my new VW.

Favorite Features

clear lens headlamps with driving lights, 18" BBS wheels mounted with Michelin Pilots, body kit, 1.8T 180hp, Recaro sport seats, rear spoiler already on the hatch door, (this could cost about 500$ from the dealer, i had one installed on my golf)

Suggested Improvements

This car is fun the way it is. Sometimes i miss my 5 doors but this 3 door is a sports car thats been my favourite since i drove it off the floor. If you want to get a little crazy adding a chip will give you 215hp.