2000 Volkswagen GTI 2.8L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Dealer upgrade all VW needs

2000 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

2000 Volkswagen GTI GLX VR6 2dr Hatchback

Dealer upgrade all VW needs
By Bill T on

2000 Volkswagen GTI GLX VR6 2dr Hatchback

My GTI GLX has been an absolute pleasure to drive. The dealership experience however, is not. The metro dealer, Jim Ellis, can not get a car in for an oil change without an appointment at least a week + in advance! Since the VR6 engine has a unique oil filter design, and the Jiffy Lube types struggle with getting a domestic car's oild changed without forgetting something, the dealer is it. I have had good luck at Harrison and Heritage VW stores, however. I'm now in need of a larger vehicle and will likely consider Honda or Nissan as their dealer networks are much more robust.

Favorite Features

Smooth power, great low-end torque for city driving. Relatively smooth ride. Great interior and dash design and plenty of room for two and luggage. Fantastic brakes!!!

Suggested Improvements

A little noisy at high sppeds, needs a 6th gear, which would also help gas mileage. Suspension could use more travel for large bump absorption. Upgrade the dealer experience an I'm in for a Passat!