1999 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: no probs

1999 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

GLS (1999.5) 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

no probs
By m j on

1999 Volkswagen GTI GLS 2dr Hatchback (midyear)

This car is a beast, I never had any problems like these other reviewers, the only problems I have ever had with this car is the with the catalytic converter, and the sunroof always gets stuck, but the sun roof has gotten stuck in every car I have ever scene with a sunroof. So that's not to go against the car. Back to the cat/converter, I had to replace that twice thus far to pass emissions inspections, its in a bad spot (very low to the ground) I find rust takes its toll faster then most other cars, and it is about 700 each time to fix /after labour (usd) other then that I love this, and will be getting another VW in the future.

Durability, never really had to replace anything besides the catalytic converter/ excluding routine repairs/normal maintenance. All engine parts have had a good life.

I dont suggest much, wish id a got the v6 though.... I like to pretend I'm fast when driving this ; p