92 GTI !6v Classic
By dj kenny on
1992 Volkswagen GTI 16V 2dr Hatchback
Last of the true GTI's. Nimble, Fast, and Handled like a GTI.. VW was able to also design this car with a comfortable, yet, communicative ride. These are the "just right" GTI's. Expect some issues. It is a VW. Not a Honda Civic. Electrical problems (rather minor, but annoying ones nevertheless). Also I have gone through 2 distributors in barely 35k miles. One had a defective seal, but Bosch didn't cover it. The seats are the nicest most comfortable I have, well, ever sat in stock in any car. REAL Recaros. I added a set of KW Coilovers & Neuspeed sways. and the pretty orig BBS wheels were too soft for USA roads, went with TSW 15". Handles+. Shift Kit, TT Exhaust. Grin, Repair, Repeat.
Favorite Features
Recaro Seats (no back issues on 700 mile trips) The sound of the engine and TT exhaust doesn't hurt either. Road feel. Brakes. Controlability. Steering. Style.
Suggested Improvements
Bring us a real GTI again V Dub. Maybe a new Lupo Turbo or Polo? Something without all the power interior hoopla. Quick, Comfy, and Tight. I would have liked a little bit better interior quality, less squeaks. We traced and tightened screws the factory seemed to neglect. Also less electrical issues