1990 Volkswagen GTI
By Jay on
1990 Volkswagen GTI 16V 2dr Hatchback
Love the car! I have added a number of aftermarket parts to mine, including Poly-bushings in the rear end, tokico illum 5-way shocks with H&R srings all around, and a 2 in. Sebring exhaust. the performance "bang for buck" can not be beat. this car looks great with round headlights and the part leather recaro seats hold firms and tight...which is perfect for autocrossing on the weekend. I get 28 mpg. this car has ICE cold air conditioning, which is a plus being in FL. I have two other beautiful cars ... A BMW 535i and a Mecedes-Benz 560 SEC and I still love to take this car out more often beacause of the "Fun-to-drive-factor."
Favorite Features
The boxy look, handling and gas milage is wonderful. 17 inch rims have never looked so hot on a car. I love the fact that you get thumbs up from other GTi and Corrado drivers. Oddly a lot of wealthy people now driving new BMW's and Benz's approach me and compliment the car. They remember thier GTi's and miss it.
Suggested Improvements
Little rattles here and there with a tight suspension and the age. (But the fun-factor out does it.) The exhaust note is sweet to the ears too. Hated the square headlights. Passanger seat goes not lower like the driver seat does. After being the driver, you will not want to be the passanger.