2015 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

2015 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
Fun car for the money, but you get what you pay for
By mheisey on 03/13/15 10:43 AM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TSI Launch Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car brand new in October 2014. A few positives are that it is surprisingly quick considering it is the base model. It handles fairly well and the touch screen interface is the best I have ever used. I love the exterior design of this car and the subtle interior styling is very nice as well. I have gotten better than rated mileage. up to 41hwy. Now, the not so great things I have noticed. Right away I realized the engine mounts are crap. They are too soft to handle firm shifts. At 2,000 miles it developed a hefty crunch when put in reverse. The throttle is very sensitive and takes getting used to. Right now at 11,000 miles I am ready to trade it in.

tornado red tdi
By derekleeo on 03/10/15 05:24 AM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is an outstanding car. I drive it like [non-permissible content removed] and my average mpg is 40.6. I thought the suspension change would be a negative, but it handles great.The only issues I have are the stereo being on 87.7 when I start it(sometimes) and the rear washer leaking. Oh, and the passenger door is hard to close... your door isn't shut...your door isn't shut....nope, nope, there you go.

Audi quality at discounted price
By lifeisahighway on 12/14/14 15:18 PM (PST)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I absolutely love my Golf TDI. I do wish VW had kept the independent rear suspension, but I honestly don't notice that much of a handling difference. The solid quality build structure I think really helps the handling. VW can get away with the inferior suspension and it still drives like a car built for the Autobahn. I love the torquey diesel, and I've been getting 38 mpg city, which is awesome. On the highway, I have gotten 55 mpg under 70 mph. If the GTD had been available I would have bought that, but this little diesel is an awesome second choice. I've wanted this car for over two years...it's been worth the wait. I'll probably never go back to a gas engine or a non European car.

Practically Perfect in every way
By eldaino2 on 10/27/14 07:39 AM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TSI S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had owned 2 mkV vw's (rabbit and gti) and had been switching back and forth between various hondas but i'm so happy to get back into a premium compact. Cargo space is great, the solidity of the ride on the freeway is unmatched by anything in this price range...really a discount audi. Phenomenal passing power and good gas mileage plus a wealth of creature comforts. Also, the interior will shame many midsize sedans. Way more mature than other small cars; tasteful and refined, but quirky and different all at the same time. Standard equipment is strong compared to cars in the same price range, especially compared to honda and mazda. Handling is sublime. I freaking love my golf!

From BIG to small
By kruby2 on 09/29/14 17:21 PM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I was tired of pumping gas for my LX570 2 times per week so i made a big move or shall i say a small move.I always liked my daughters 2008 rabbit and have loved diesels in the past so i sold the suv and bought the golf. What a great car to drive. it is so responsive and fun. I am 6''5" and cannot have the seat all of the way back. I have more legroom than in the big LX. Go drive one, you will love it. my first tank took me 500 miles of mostly city and some highway driving. I am impressed. They look great too.

An Audi in Wolfsburg Clothing
By emoryeagle on 09/23/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TSI SE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed a more fuel efficient and affordable vehicle to replace my 2 year old Mercedes GLK350. Our income was downsized and after a lot of research, I kept coming back to the Golf. I finally bit the bullet and traded for a Night Blue 2015 Golf TSI SE with standard equipment plus the bi-xenon lighting system. After just a few days with this car, I'm totally impressed with the vehicle. Driving dynamics are impressive, well equipped, fit and finish are to German standards and the gas mileage is so much better than the GLK, plus no more premium fuel! It is fun to drive, punchy turbo power, bank-vault tight and roomier than what I had. I feel like I'm driving an Audi with a 50% off coupon!

Great value!
By eapj on 09/14/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TSI Launch Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had a series of fun cars - SVT Focus, GTI, GLI, Cooper S. I purchased an Audi A4 as a compromise between what I wanted and what I thought I needed and really missed the relative simplicity of a VW and also missed a manual transmission. I picked up a silk blue launch edition and am in love. It is a fantastic value! If you want to shift your own gears and don't mind two doors, this is by far the best deal in the 2015 Golf line.

Just got it
By toyota420xp on 09/14/14 07:04 AM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TSI S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It has plenty of power well more than I need. I had a corolla before. Good mpg. Don't know how accurate computer mpg readout is but my mpg is always higher than EPA. Slightly slow from take off on really low rpm but then it's great on power. Base speakers not fender are really good. Small car but I'm fat and 5ft 11 and I can sit in the back,or front easily. I live in bumpy road vermont and ride is compliant. Corners we'll. looks way better than mk6 golf. Price is now affordable. Compared to toyota products everything you touch feels sturdy. All the bins are lined to stop rattles hood is lined has a strut to hold it up not a cheap metal rod. Reliabilty is left to be said. Seats are firm.

LOVE this Car!!!
By jiteng on 09/04/14 15:25 PM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen Golf TSI SE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was looking for an economy hatch (around $25K) that was extremely comfortable for long trips, quiet at hwy speeds, gave great hwy mpgs and had decent tech. The choice came down to 3 cars- Mazda3 2.5GT, Kia Forte5 and the 2015 Golf TSI SE. The Kia has the best technology and creature comforts including heated and cooled driver seat, heated steering wheel etc... But I did not enjoy how it drove and the interior felt sort of lower tier. The Mazda3 was extremely impressive in just about every area but a lack of storage around the driver and no option for a lighter blue had me look toward the Golf. When I finally test drove it I felt like I was home. Just perfect in every area. Quieter (cont..)