Room for the Linebacker
By rbthatcherjr on
2013 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L TDI 4dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I purchased this VW Golf TDI in Jacksonville, FL in May 2013 after driving it and inspecting it on a hydraulic rack in dealer's garage. It drives exceptionally well as it exudes this rock-solid feel of German build-quality as well as the odd diesel clatter. The comforts are spartan, but there is more than enough head and leg room for me and my friends. After driving it 11k and experiencing the good dealer support for the car at Osteen VW, I would highly recommend the VW Golf TDI based upon its performance, price, and apparent quality.
Favorite Features
The mileage that the car attains per gallon of diesel fuel is exceptional for me in mixed city/highway driving. I regularly hit 38-40 mpg even at a constant 65 mph cruising speed. The low end torque plus the turbo charger perform masterfully in rally-style driving, which is needed in Jacksonville to get by the zombies... I also like the utility of the drop seat for packing the car full of things like a clown car.
Suggested Improvements
The parts for the vehicle are very expensive. I replaced an alloy rim and tire after brushing a city curb. The dealer price was triple what I was expecting to pay. Solution? Ebay! I found a used rim and bought a tire elsewhere and had the dealer put it on. There isn't prestige in high prices in a competitive market: VW needs to re-evaluate its prices for parts. A leather option would have been interesting as well as more variety in colors offered on the car.