Great Car
By beefoe on
2013 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L TDI 4dr Hatchback w/Tech Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
Purchased this car four months ago and have about 12,000 miles on it. Very enjoyable to drive and car has exceeded nearly all expectations. Don't be fooled by the 140 HP rating. The diesel engine is super torquey and it has loads of power when you need it. Won't blow anyone off the line but has great pickup through the 40-80 mph which makes highway passing very easy. Handling is excellent and the car is great fun to drive. My wife has an Audi A4 and prefers the Golf. Interior design is good, but I wish they'd offer a leather seat option. But I guess if they did, it would canibalize audi a3 sales.
Favorite Features
Power Handling Fuel economy - average 42mpg highway at 70-75mph with AC on Bluetooth
Suggested Improvements
Navigation system is terrible. It announces turns that are not there, so for example if you are driving along the same highway for 60 miles, eight to ten times it will tell you to "Bear Left" when you are going straight. It's basically saying, don't take this exit. It constantly refers to roads by the wrong name. For example driving down the Hutchinson Parkway it will say "bear right to stay on the I-95" even though I'm not on I-95. It calls highways "the I-95" (I guess I got a car intended for California) The announcement volume seems to go down on its own.