2012 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Love my cute car!

2012 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Review

Love my cute car!
By rebby1 on

2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L TDI 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've had the car for 2k miles so far and I've loved every minute of it! Not only is it entertaining to drive, it is practical with a decent trunk and roomy cabin, it rides well, and it gets amazing mileage! So far I'm averaging 41.6mpg with about 1/4 highway, 1/4 city, and 1/2 suburban driving. And I'm not a slow driver either! I can fit my kids in the car with baggage for a 1 week trip without any problems, or a day's worth of activities and gear, all while leaving my work bag in the car. The Golf has enough pickup that I don't worry about passing or merging and a tight enough suspension to corner well and avoid accidents.

Decent cargo space for a small car. Comfortable reasonably quiet ride for a relatively economical car. Nice amount of leg room. Lots of storage space and a cooled glovebox! Great fun confidence inspiring suspension. Wonderfully flexible engine that can accelerate well in regular driving but still gets great mileage.

Allow us to customize the options instead of restricting the buyer to packages. (e.g. I didn't need the navigation but wanted the sunroof.) Could use a bit larger trunk. The MDI attachement sometimes is unable to resume playing my music on my phone after I use it to make a call. I have to re-plug it to recognize it. Annoying!