2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Car...but it's like an

2012 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great Car...but it's like an iPhone
By volvogirl5 on

2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I was torn between a Golf and the Ford Focus. Ultimately, the interior detail and materials sold me on the Golf. It looks like an Audi on the inside (especially at night!). My cloth seats are comfortable and ergonomically correct. I can fit 4 adults in the car without it feeling cramped. Currently getting approx 315 miles per tank. It's really a quality vehicle. The only downside is that my service light has come twice in the past year that I've owned it. The computer on the vehicle needed an update. Although the updates are free at VW, its time consuming and annoying. Service guy told me its like owning an iphone and there's no warning when you might get the light.

Favorite Features

Interior is classy and looks like an Audi. Nice stereo system. Love the way you open the hatchback (it looks really cool and impresses people). Cloth seats are durable and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Service light issue! I get that cars now have computers on them. But the computer updates are time consuming. Also, when the service light comes on for an update, the car doesn't drive as well. Once I turned the car off and on (like a computer) and the service light went away and it fixed itself. Nevertheless, I still went to the dealer to get the update. They said its normal and its like an iphone. So if that's not your style, I would avoid a current model VW. He says it happens to all the cars.