I love this car
By fxgolf on
2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L TDI 2dr Hatchback w/Tech Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I have owned and driven almost everything that moves. I am a car guy I love them all. My last VW was a 2004 1.8t GTI and i loved that one alot but this new Golf TDi is an absolute blast to drive, throw it into a corner and it just sticks very well for a stock car. the power of the lil Diesel is very nice pulls super hard in 1st and 2nd, nice even power throughout the entire shifting pattern. the looks of the MKVI are really agressive and i love my Tornado Red Golf's color a real classic VW color used for many years now. If you love having fun behind the wheel this is a great car to play in.
Favorite Features
6-speed trans, sound system is great although i love to listen to the Diesel sound more, fit and finish in the interior is great as always with Volkswagen, it fits both of my kids carseats in the back with plenty of leg room for them, the leg room for front passengers is the best yet in the Golf im 6ft and bigger built than most (im a hoss) and i fit very well in all seating. I love the all black interior and the cloth seats rule the heating in the seats is way hot so return that heating pad and drive a VW
Suggested Improvements
Louder exhaust, more topend power, more suspension options for sport driving, add favorite artists to the Sat Radio not just the channels. I have a Routan and im spoiled :-P
By dhectorg
on 07/23/12 09:40 AM (PDT)

michaeldg7, as with most car feature, this is purely a matter of personal preference. As a lifelong manual enthusiast, I am biased toward the 6-spd manual, but you may like the feel of the DSG better. Only you can decide that. I recommend test driving both options at least twice, and then make your decision.

By michaeldg7
on 12/11/11 09:02 AM (PST)

QUESTION FOR FXGOLF -- DSG or MANUAL?: I wanted your opinion on whether to go for a 6-speed manual or the DSG. I test drove the manual TDI, and found it too easy to pop the clutch from 1st gear. Every car I've had has been a stick/manual, but this was different, and seemed to have a long clutch take-up too. Have you experienced this in your 2012 model? Also, do you think the DSG is reliable, and would you recommend it? I've heard it's costs a lot to fix and replace, and wonder how it would hold up after 100,000 miles. You seem to know a lot about cars, so I thought I'd seek your opinion and recommendation on this.

By jdhtx87
on 01/15/12 17:50 PM (PST)

To michaeldg7 Go witht the dsg. Just bought a 2012 golf tdi 4 door. Only have 750 miles on it but it knows exactly what gear to be in at all times. It can feel a little "jumpy" in 1st gear in a parking lot but it feels like a manual would. When you brake, it auto downshifts. Upshifts are smooth and quick. Love this car. 1st vw and hoping for the best. So far I am thoroughly impressed.