I love this car!
By jerseypilot on
2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I purchased my Golf TDI in December of 2011. My previous car had died an unceremonious death and I needed a car now! This is not how I like to jump into a major purchase but I didn't have a choice. I decided to look in the 20k to 22k range so I drove the Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Impreza as well as few others. On the advice of a friend I drove the Golf. Initially I had bypassed the car due to to the increased cost, but the minute I sat in the car I understood the difference. The car is built like a tank, it is trully solid, the interior is wonderfully designed and feels very upscale. The seats are supremely comfortable and it felt bigger than the other cars I have driven, all before I drove.
Favorite Features
I'll start off with the power train. I really like the feel of the engine with the DSG tranny. It has good power and I liked the feel of the DSG (It does feel different than a standard automatic) This is the first car I have owned that the fuel economy has exceeded the sticker (30city/ 42hwy) I have been getting about 32 in town and I have seen 45+ on the highway with 2500 miles on the odometer. All this with out really babying the car. The interior of the car is very upscale and all of the buttons and switches have a good feel to them. Rear seat room on my 4 door is good and the trunk space it better than I would have thought although not huge. Oh and standard heated seats / mirrors
Suggested Improvements
A few little things that I have run across that could be better, 1) The icons on the climate control are very small and difficult to read. It was an issue initially but I have now gotten used to the switch positions so I really don't look at it much now. 2) I wish there was more storage around the drivers seat, the area under the armrest is pretty small. I would have liked so see a chance bin under the headlight switch, or maybe an under seat bin. Both of those are available after market so I may look into that. 3) No automatic headlights. Its just something I got used to on another car.! Thats about it.