2012 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Fun to drive, mileage is a bon

2012 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

Fun to drive, mileage is a bonus
By homelessgdog1 on

2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Golf TDI handles well. We don't get much rain and we don't get any snow here in Los Angeles. In what rain I have driven in, the Golf does well with OEM Conti's. Brakes are great, handles great. People talk about stiff, well my other car is a Dodge Cummns truck so Golf is an improvement. Great visibility from all windows, Bluetooth works pretty good, radio (non dyna) is good for stock. I use my Ipod and when I want directions, I use Bluetooth to hear phone Navi (non navigation head unit). Fun factor very high. Fuel mileage incredible.

Favorite Features

Great torque. I don't think people understand how much power is in this little turbo diesel. Very fun commuter car. 25K miles in 16 months. Radio, Bluetooth, touchscreen is great. Seats okay. I'm a big critter. Heated seats great. I haven't found too many negative things about car except little VW logo centercaps on rims have all fallen off. I don't get it, I've own at least a dozen cars and this has never happened to anyone of them. You won't regret this little beast. If you miss having fun while driving buy this little Golf TDI.

Suggested Improvements

Something that keeps those centercaps on rims. What is the deal. Why on God's green earth does the AC light and compressor come on all the time when you don't press the AC button? Who's idea was that? The only time this light should come on is when you want the AC on, not when moving the vent selector knob.