2012 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Best Car I Have Ever Owned

2012 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Review

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By diggler2 on

2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L TDI 4dr Hatchback w/Tech Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought my 2012 Golf TDI brand new and I could not be happier with the car. From its handling, to its power, to its amazing fuel efficiency it is the whole package. It truly drives like a solid European car but at half the cost. I have owned Toyota's, Honda's, Jeeps, Chevy's and this VW golf is by far my happiest purchase. I bought the top of the line Tech package and it is in my opinion worth the extra cost. The tech package comes with an incredible sounding Dynadio stereo as well as navigation, LED running lights, and xenon headlights. Definitely will consider purchasing another in 15 years when this one finally wears out....

The DSG auto/manual transmission is quick and fun. The diesel 2.0 is surprisingly powerful as well with 250 ft/lb of torque plus I'm averaging about 44 MPG. Now that I own a European designed car it would be very difficult to go back. I was always against buying European cars due to maintenance costs but this Golf is practically maintenance free and with the first three years paid maintenance through VW it can't be beat. I definitely suggest at least test driving one if your in the market for a fuel efficient car that is also fun to drive and stylish. Thats what I did after test driving what felt like a million different cars this Golf TDI put the others to rest. Awesome car!!

Only suggested improvements I would say are better cup holders as well as "Auto" on/off headlights. Small stuff but would be cool since the car has pretty much everything else.