2011 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Love my TDI

2011 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual)

Love my TDI
By vicioustrader on

2011 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought my 2011 VW Golf TDI new on March 19, 2011. I currently have just over 1800 miles. The interior is well designed, friendly, comfortable, stylish and all around enjoyable. The exterior looks are not flashy or exceptional, it is a basic wedge hatchback shaped vehicle. I am am happy with picking this vehicle because of the diesel power supplied by the turbo as well as the economical driving experience. I refer to my car as zippy, she maneuvers well through traffic, great brakes, and the engine is powerful enough to zoom past trouble if need be. The sound system is powerful and clear, the road noise is minimal, and the handling is great. I am averaging about 43mpg so far. :-)

Handling is great, interior is comfortable, mpg exceed expectations, sound is good. I like the whole package!

Longer wheel base would be nice. I am 6'2" and 215lbs, The ride is comfortable even at my size, but I am sure the rear seats are not fully usable. It is essentially a 2 person car if you are tall. Give the back seat 2 or 3 more inches of leg room so I can share my experience with more than 1 person at a time. ;-)
By john_can
on 10/04/11 19:44 PM (PDT)

hey do you have the dynaudio system? I'm looking into getting a four door version and I wasnt really thinking about the sound system when I test drove a four door version and forgot to really listen to the sound system.