Happy to be back with VW again
By flbntz on
2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.5L PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I had a 1973 VW Super Beetle, my first new car, and, due to driving around with five full size guys in the car, bought a used 69 Ford Thunderbird coupe, the party mobile, Regretted not keeping the VW longer, really solid, well-built car, and fun to drive. Bought a 2010 Toyota Prius in December 2009, and traded it on a 2010 Golf 2dr gas AT 3 months later, due to lack of driving enjoyment when the cool factor of the Prius wore off, and everything became about gas milage with it, which wasn't as good as they advertised. They said it was due to it being winter, and the gas motor needed to run to run the heater, but they don'ttell you that before you buy it. Fahrvegnugen! Like my VW.
Favorite Features
Solid, well-built. Toyota uses the cheapest materials it can find, VW uses the best materials it can find. Stereo on JBL upgraded Prius III is less than the standard stereo on the VW, which has eight speakers. Just a satisfying car to have.
Suggested Improvements
I wish I would have gotten the manual shifter, and then used the saved money to buy the sunroof. I wouldn't mind better gas milage, but the trade-off in engine enjoyment is a reasonable exchange, I feel. I get 30+ in the winter, and 27-28 in the summer with the ac on. Regular fuel.