2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fun little car

2011 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

2.5L 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Fun little car
By etomic on

2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.5L 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After test driving many cars, Honda Accord Coupe, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Civic, Fit, Toyota Corrolla. I settled on the 2011 Golf because I appreciated the lavish interior, I loved the drive, the insurance wasn't killer, and it had a four door option. I really couldn't find anything that was quite as fun to drive as a Golf in this price range. The Surge/Lag effect that was noted in earlier reviews looks like the effect of the normal drive mode up-shifting out of 1st gear to get the best fuel economy. If you truly can't stand it drive it in tiptronic. I really wanted a small compact fun to drive 4 dour and I believe the Golf offered the best interior and most fun to drive for the money.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Sunroof, tiptronic and sport modes for more flexibility in drive habit. The bolstered seats are comfortable, the trunk has space to spare. Prefer the new steering wheel looks more like an Audi.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights and alloys ought to be standard at this price. I guess they could wind out first gear to leave the impression of smooth acceleration but the fuel avg mpg wouldn't be as appealing. I would just as soon have the choice.