2011 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Love the mileage

2011 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

Love the mileage
By mered on

2011 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Had a problem the first week with a sensor that required a tow to the dealer to have replaced, ("never saw anything like this before") and a recall to replace a minor part a few weeks ago. Thus the 4 vs 5 for depedability. Otherwise, this has been a wonderful car. Bought it with gas mileage in mind, and get 38 around town, 48 - 52 on the highway, depending on how far I drive. I'm a conservative driver. When needed, it has plenty of power. Fits both me (5'10") and my 6'2" husband comfortably. Only thing I'd do differently is get a 4 door. So much easier for passengers.

Favorite Features

The instant mpg readout. Change readout with buttons on steering wheel to get all pertinant info and make phone cals. The voice activated phone on the steering wheel is a luxury I wouldn't want to do without. Love the look, the hatchback for loading stuff. Keep the back seats down most of the time and it holds almost everything I need to haul.

Suggested Improvements

Don't like the instruction manual. Find it hard to get the information in an easy to understand format. Salesperson at the dealership got the phone info loaded. Would never have been able to do it following manual.