2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
My dream car but better
By Spencer on 08/18/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I was in the market for something that was a) more fuel efficient than my 2002 Civic, b) had more power than my 2002 Civic, c) have something more environmentally conscious, and d) drive something more fun. The VW Golf does all of this, but does it better than I could have imagined. The clean, simple exterior belies the well assembled interior and its turbo diesel engine. Getting where you need to go should not be as fun as this car makes it (but I'm not complaining =p)! DISCLAIMER#1- For me, this car is totally worth its premium price, but it is nearly the same price as a GTI (budget beware!). DISCLAIMER#2- Diesel can be a task to find, but VW has a locator on their site.

Great alternatives to boring hybrids
By quailallstar on 08/17/10 05:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

All I can say is go drive a Volkswagen / Audi TDI engine equipped vehicle and you won't be disappointed.

Great design; hopefully reliable too
By JY on 07/31/10 11:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

It's a delight to drive this vehicle. Nimble yet smooth and quiet (on par with our '07 BMW 3-series except accel). Very comfortable and beautiful cabin. Not quite as sporty as our MINI Cooper S, but much more pleasant. We also tested Accord, Fit, Fusion, Jetta, Impreza. Each has merits but can't equal Golf's nimbleness, road manners, cabin quality. Gorgeous cloth seats nicer than Jetta's leatherette. Turbo lag starting from stop. Electric steering maybe a hair less responsive than '09 Golf? Neither bothersome, tho. Unlike reports from years past, a/c easily tamed 99-degree heat. It's day 2 so can't report reliability (fingers crossed) and fuel economy. Confident about resale value, tho.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel in VA is:

$149 per month*