2011 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
one of the best
By johnlewisgrant on 08/01/13 04:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Sold the lexus, kept the golf. Smoother, better on bumps, much better on highway, handling is vastly superior, reliability is equal or better (that's been our experience). Es 350 is slightly quieter, but the handling and ride are demonstrably inferior.

Best Bang for Your Buck
By nmcrusher26 on 04/06/13 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've driven 8 beaters in my life (trucks and cars) then a 2008 BMW 335i and then this Golf 2.5 gas, manual, 3DR hatch and this car is a solid 4.5/5. I dont write reviews but this car is so good I had to. I've owned for 2 years and it has 40k miles on it. The engine, interior, and styling make this car. Gas mileage is incredible even above sticker, I consistently get 31 mpg mixed use and I drive it hard. This car is a great value cause the comparable honda or subaru is $3-5k more. You may have costly repairs or quirky electronic issues at the 8 year/100k mark but you saved that money in the front end.

Why consider anything else?
By audivin on 12/27/11 14:24 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased my '11 Golf 3 door Manual transmission straight out of college. Prior to making this decision, I tested many similarly priced compact cars like the Dodge Caliber, Various Hondas, and even some subarus. While I really liked the Subaru's and had a hard time deciding between the two, the VW Golf was simply in another league. This is probably the best compact car on the us market for the price. The interior and exterior build quality and craftsmanship are excellent and there are no rattling noises. I have put 17,000 miles since I purchased the car in June of 2011. Thats right, 17000 already. This car handles/performs exceptionally well. At all speeds it feels secure/ planted.

Great Car
By nealien on 07/24/11 07:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've driven my 2011 Golf 2.5 for 1500 miles now and I can honestly say that I love this car. It is very responsive while driving, and the manual shifter is very smooth. I have been averaging 28 mpg and drive about half highway and half backroads (and I'm driving it fast). The car handles great, hugging corners is easy - the suspension feels very tight. The interior is immaculate - it feels like the interior of a much more expensive car. I'm so glad that I bought this over the comparable Honda Civic.

Love it!
By oute on 03/22/11 11:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I like everything about this car. The quality of the interior was the first thing that attracted me to it. I sat in one at the Cleveland Auto Show and the highly bolstered seats gave me a very welcoming hug. The trip computer is awesome. It drives even better. The 170hp engine has plenty of power and the exhaust sounds really nice. The manual transmission (I have the 5-speed) is really smooth. Better than on a Civic Si or a Kia Soul (other cars I have experience with). If I drive conservatively I can average 35 mpg on my commute. Only down-side is that I don't think you can open the trunk unless the key is out of the ignition?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback in VA is:

$136 per month*