2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:
Love the mileage
By mered on 12/29/11 11:36 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Had a problem the first week with a sensor that required a tow to the dealer to have replaced, ("never saw anything like this before") and a recall to replace a minor part a few weeks ago. Thus the 4 vs 5 for depedability. Otherwise, this has been a wonderful car. Bought it with gas mileage in mind, and get 38 around town, 48 - 52 on the highway, depending on how far I drive. I'm a conservative driver. When needed, it has plenty of power. Fits both me (5'10") and my 6'2" husband comfortably. Only thing I'd do differently is get a 4 door. So much easier for passengers.

Love my TDI
By vicioustrader on 05/11/11 18:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought my 2011 VW Golf TDI new on March 19, 2011. I currently have just over 1800 miles. The interior is well designed, friendly, comfortable, stylish and all around enjoyable. The exterior looks are not flashy or exceptional, it is a basic wedge hatchback shaped vehicle. I am am happy with picking this vehicle because of the diesel power supplied by the turbo as well as the economical driving experience. I refer to my car as zippy, she maneuvers well through traffic, great brakes, and the engine is powerful enough to zoom past trouble if need be. The sound system is powerful and clear, the road noise is minimal, and the handling is great. I am averaging about 43mpg so far. :-)

My new commuter car
By scanman11 on 02/20/11 12:49 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Driving 100 miles per day to work & back was not doing anything for me or my 335i. I needed something comfortable and economicle-Diesel seemed to be the best thing. I had just bought a 2011 Jetta for my wife, & loved it. The golf was more fun to drive, and now after 1500 miles I can say that driving across Houston's traffic and getting 46+miles per gallon, makes me happy!! The seats are great for a slightly overweight 5'10" guy, it has all the "Pep" that I need (It supprises me frequently) ok, its not a twin turbo Beemer, but it goes. My only fault with it are the heater controles, which are a little "Cheap" but other than that, I love it. Bravo Volkswagen !!

A little expensive but worth it.
By Dan on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

For those wanting a small car without the typical small car cheapness, this is one of the best cars out there! Ever notice how most large cars get the decent materials, features, etc but small ones just get an extra helping of cheap? Not here! You get all the material quality, features, and overall feel of large cars with this one. It also drives like a much more substantial car as well. The 6spd MT doesnt seem to be near as touchy as people let on with the 2010's, and also adds hill holder. The diesel is great feeling like a strong V6 while getting 40mpg+. In fact combined MPG is higher then the EPA rated 42hwy. Costs more then other similar cars, but well worth it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Golf Diesel in VA is:

$126 per month*