Volkswagen makes a profit at this price?
By Kris K on
2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I was driving an '08 HCH, and I couldn't help but think something was missing- any sense of driving excitement. I then test-drove this car, and that was it. I can't believe that I'm achieving the same frugality as my previous car, only with a healthy dose of fun-to-drive, freeway-passing torque to go with it (I describe it as "my old car, but with stones (edited)"). I've heard stories about VW reliability, but at 4,100 miles (and a lead-footed average of 40mpg), I have yet to see something go wrong. From the solidity to the materials to the robust powertrain, I find it hard to believe VW is making a profit at this price. It's an excellent car that covers all points of debate favorably.
Favorite Features
Overall value, diesel torque, sport seats, genuine comfort, hatchback versatility, German sense of solidity, Audi-grade materials that are bolted down tightly. And of course, all that fun-to-drive torque combined with hybrid-like mpg.
Suggested Improvements
More storage in the center console, but that's it. If you're an eco-conscious driving enthusiast, and you value your car as a driving tool (rather than an A-to-B political statement), then you can't go wrong. Truly having your cake and eating it too.