2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: Texas Tornado (Red)

2010 Volkswagen Golf Diesel - Consumer Review

Texas Tornado (Red)
By Kevin on

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Have about 1,700 miles on my ride. Love going 500+ miles per tank before even thinking about fueling. Avg mileage since purchase is 41.4 mpg although mostly highway. Best leg on a 31 mile one way commute is 46.8! Plenty of power and if more is needed, all I need to do is downshift. I got the cloth seats...car is comfortable, and remarkably quiet. Summer in Texas has been plenty hot, and the A/C cools fast and keeps me comfortable on low fan. Build quality appears to be rock solid, love my VW!

The radio...6 stack CD, mp3 connectivity, Sirius Satellite and soft touch buttons for easy operation. Use blue tooth phone through the stereo all the time. Steering wheel controls are easy, and for good mileage, got to love the cruise control. Manual trans is butter smooth with short throws.

I didn't get navigation so I don't have expanded blue tooth functions such as on screen dialing and no ability to store contacts and select on screen that and HD radio would make audio set up perfect. Braking for such a light car could be better, a little mushy when stepping on it really hard.