2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Review: 2010 golf

2010 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Review

2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2010 golf
By johnmck on

2010 Volkswagen Golf 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The interior is nice, but with a gap in the center console.The engine has good torque, but runs out of steam on the top end.The ride is firm, but there is body lean. This car starts to feel a little "floaty" at higher speeds on the highway (above 85). There was some initial quality issues. Shifting is better than some, but not as nice as my 2000 celica, which I do miss more than I thought I would since buying the Golf. I do like this car though, and I thought it was nicer than the civic or the tc I test drove. In closing I feel the need to be critical about the throttle by wire. It lacks any real feel.It seems like it could be calibrated much better.

Nice interior, good torque. Sort of fun to drive. AUX jack for Ipod. Tight feeling body Structure.

Well, I know it's not the GTI, but could we get some more power and handling. Thottle by wire is terrible, really bad. Weather strip should not come loose on a new car, and the seat beal buckle should not come loose because a bolt fell out either.